Carex nigromarginata Schweinitz
- Botanical Name
- Carex nigromarginata Schweinitz
- Common Name
- Black-edged Sedge
- Flora of Virginia Name/Status
- Carex nigromarginata Schw.
- Plants with narrow leaves, very short peduncles that tend to be about the same length, and reduced pigmentation on the pistillate scales have been segregated as C. reznicekii. Nevertheless, C. nigromarginata remains polymorphic and could use additional study.
- Dry-mesic to dry forests, woodlands and edges. Apparently frequent in the Coastal Plain and Piedmont; less so in the mountains.
- Native Status
To save this map, right-click (control-click for Mac users) on the map and choose "Save Image As...".